Thursday, October 25, 2012

Menu Time

The craziness that is our lives has prevented me in a lot of ways from keeping our house as clean as I would like it and from doing those fun crafty things with the girls. I will get back to those soon enough. But my meal planning has gone off the deep end. This is not ok. I need menu's. I need meal planning. Our budget needs meal planning.


Without further or do, here is our menu this week. I have linked recipes for those items / meals that I will be making.

Friday: Baked potato soup with salad

Saturday: Yay! Date night with hubby before the boys football game

Sunday: Salisbury Steak with brocolli and mashed cauliflower ( if you haven't tried these yet, you must. They're really good. No really, they are really good)

Monday: Stuffed red peppers - making stuffing with black beans and quinoa

Tuesday: Turkey burgers with fries

Wednesday: Spooky shepherds pie...I made this last weekend for my inlaws and they loved it, so did the fam. This time I will make little ghost "plops" with the mashed potato/cauliflower mixture on top with little pea eyes

Thursday: Grilled Chicken with mushroom kabobs and zuccini

Breakfast on weekdays are either cereal (this is a cereal with very few ingredients) or oatmeal

Snacks this week: I have wanted to try this recipe for Lemon Buddies. I just love lemon!! We will eat this all week as our after school snack. Or it might only last for a few days. We always have fruit or veggies in the house for those days that we don't have a "sugar" snack.

Dessert: I am going to be making crock pot apples to enjoy after the boys choir concert on Monday night.

Lunch: For me and the girls: this is the best time to pack my girls full of veggies and a little fruit. I try to really focus on veggies. I usually try to give them some sort of protein here as well.


I try to always limit our processed food intake. Here is what I am buying that is processed: greek yogurt, cereal, roterserrie chicken, white chocolate chips, powdered sugar, brown sugar, cheddar cheese. I always look at ingredients and always try to buy those items in the organic or health section of our store. But this isn't always better. Reading labels takes a while but is so worth it!!


Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. So glad that you made the comment about organic food not always being better for you. I was about to jump all over that!!! :)

    Are you making the crockpot applesauce? If so, you'll have to let me know how that works!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, it is not better for you in some cases. And companies are smart enough to figure that people are stupid enough to believe that. There is alot of research that goes into eating better. Well, not really. Eat what you grow or raise or that is grown/raised around you. Period.
      No I am making basically stuffed apples. I have made applesauce just on a pan on the stove. It is super easy and really pretty quick, even with a ton of apples. I was trying to find a yummy and warm dessert without all the bad stuff since I am making that lemon chex buddy stuff. These apples will hopefully be the answer!

      Delete