Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Favorite Things...

Wow has it really been that long since I posted?! Yikes! No wonder I have been in a bad mood. Blogging is a great release for me and I really do need to get back on it. The holidays are busy for everyone so I thought I would put a few of my favorite things right now out there.

Favorite thing right now : Advent calendar. Every year we do some thing different. Last year it was something fun to do every night as a family.
Photobucket
It was a cute idea but it was overwhelming. Add in no where near possible this year with 4 nights of sports practice so this year we are doing a book advent calendar.
Photobucket
Every night we take the next book in the stack and read it.

Photobucket
It has been a blast so far and it MAKES us read to the girls (and boy sometimes).

Another favorite : reading in the girls' tent that we made them a couple weeks ago. It is just the right size for us.
Photobucket

Another favorite : Gingerbread Cookies made from this recipe from Annie's Eats (which is a great site!!)
Photobucket
They are soft and spicy. Perfect gingerbread in my eyes!!

Another favorite : our meals this week. We have had some yummy meals this week that have helped keep me focused on the holiday's and not my bad mood. Plus throw in that it was / is a short week around this kitchen and this momma is one happy camper. Here are the meals with links....

Sunday - Chicken Parm Meatballs and Twice Baked Cauliflower- both of these were delish. I will be making the meatballs again to store in the freezer and to also have for the girls at lunch. I didn't have fresh mozzerella and it I would almost say it is a must for the next ones. But they were still good. And the cauliflower, it was so good as well. Throw some cream cheese, bacon, and cheese on just about anything and it will be good.

Monday: Herb Crusted Salmon and Creamy Tomato Pasta - again both of these were delish. The salmon has already been requested again by the hubby

Tuesday : BBQ Chicken and potatoes in crockpot - this meal was awesome in lack of planning and time spent! My only complaint was the chicken was really dry. Next time, I will just add some more sauce or chicken stock as it cooks.

Wednesday : Tuscan White Bean Soup with No Knead Bread - this was a very hearty and healthy soup. Next time I will be adding in a ham hock (possibly) or the rind from a parmesean cheese wedge. It just needed a little something else. I also made the beans from scratch. Not sure if I will do that next time. I don't think they cooked long enough but any longer and it would have been mush.

Thursday: Brenner (breakfast at dinner) WOO HOO! Yep, I'm a little excited.

Another favorite of mine right now : throwing away CRAP that has been in our lives for far too long. I said goodbye to ALL of my food dyes today. Threw those oil laden chemicals in the trash and will be replacing them with all natural food dyes. Here is a recent article I read : 7 Reasons I hate artificial food dyes. It is not the only article out there about Red 3 and Red 40 or Yellow 5. Check it out for yourself!

And my last favorite thing: my husband. Life around this house has been a little crazy which makes this momma a little crazy. Ok, bitchy not crazy. I hate it. It will get better. I know it will. He makes it all better, all the time. He made the night tonight bringing me home a flower. Definitely my favorite.
Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment