Sunday, November 4, 2012

Menu

My menu for this week is  below. I was super excited to try a few new recipes! This week was a little different as far as prep goes. So far all meals are made! Yep, they're done, finished, ready to be cooked or reheated throughout the week. As tired as I was on Friday after cooking all these meals, I am super excited that I don't have to do much of anything throughout this week for dinner. Open the oven door and stick in the pan, my kind of cooking :). I would like to say I will continue to do this but we all know that life tends to laugh at us when we make grand plans. I didn't however like all the washing I did. My kitchen looked like this :
Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App
Every time I turned around. So back to the sink I would go. It was what was so exhausting. Oh well. I will enjoy it this week!

Sunday: Buffalo style cauliflower - wanted to try this for a while
Sweet potato enchiladas with creme sauce

Monday: Shepherds Pie

Tuesday: Butternut Squash soup with homemade crusty bread

Wednesday: 2 Bean Chicken Soup - I had a bowl of this last night just because I couldn't wait. This is so delish with a cut up avocado in it. I made both types of beans at home which made it so much better. If you haven't tried to make black beans (or any other beans) at home from scratch, try it. It is super easy. Throw a pound of dried and rinsed off beans in a crockpot with 6 cups of water. Cook on high for about 3 to 4 hours or on low for longer. You can add in any spices. So good and so healthy and soooo cheap!
Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App

Thursday: Eat out of the FREEZER night. After some looking yesterday, our freezer is full of little odds and ends that could make a good meal. There are a couple pieces of salmon so I am sure me and the hubs will eat those with some veggie. There are veggies and other various odds and ends the kids can have.

Friday: Homemade chicken nuggets with some baked carrot sticks (substitute for french fries). The girls are going to decorate their own leaf cookies since we are having a little sleepover.

This week for lunch the hubs and I are trying a new salad recipe. Since the craziness of football practice is over, working out can commence! I am soooooo ready to get back into the gym. But with that said, I have to start eating more protein to help me actually make it through a workout :). I found this great recipe for an asian salad that will go great with our quinoa patties that we both love. I will be making those today and portioning them out for both of us to enjoy at lunch each day this week.


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment