Sunday, July 8, 2012

Menu Week 7/9-7/13

I thought that publishing my menu each week would help have a place to reflect back on recipes used and to help keep me more organized. As I have stated before, when I make my menu I keep in mind what I already have in the house and what the garden is providing. Then I plan from there.

Breakfast Choices: Cereal (multi grain oats), Oatmeal, or Eggs. Fruit is also included in breakfast.

Lunch Choices for girls: Cheese Sticks or PBJ with a fruit and veggie of choice that we have on hand

Dinner :
Sunday - Crock pot ravioli with homemade bread and salad
Monday - Grilled Salmon with green beans and wild rice
Tuesday - Grilled Chicken with spaghetti noodles with small yellow squash....thinking there will be a balsamic / olive oil drizzled on top. Throw in some basil...yummo!
Wednesday - BLT sandwiches with some sort of pasta salad with fresh veggies or maybe even some cucumbers and onion salad
Thursday - Pizza from Papa Murphy's that we have had in the freezer for a couple weeks (want it gone before it gets freezer burn)
Friday - Not sure what we will be doing this night.....leftovers perhaps

As for me I continue to find that if I keep to the same meals it is much easier for me to function. By that I mean, if I know exactly what I am eating, I don't have to worry about it. It is almost second nature at this point and I really like that. Breakfast is always 1/4 cup oatmeal with 1/4 cup of almonds. Throw in some dried fruit or fresh fruit, yummy. No sugar, period. I have a cup of cranberry juice and usually 1 cup of coffee.

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App
Lunch is always a spinach shake (learned that it is necessary to drink cranberry juice if you eat spinach alot). My shake is 3 handfuls of spinach, one froze banana, and 1T of peanut butter. Throw in some water until it is blended nicely. It is yummy and super filling. If I am hungry, I throw in some oats but that doesn't happen a lot. If I am hungry between lunch and dinner (usually around 4), I cut up a cucumber or carrot. This has worked well for me.

Tomorrow I will have a post with the crock pot ravioli recipe on it. I have never tried this but have heard it is quick and delish. Let's hope it is :)
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment