Friday, July 20, 2012

Menu Time

I don't know about everyone else's calendar but August is already so marked up that I don't think I can fit much more on any of the days. And when the months start to look like that on the calendar, I already start to get stressed and exhausted. In order to help with that I know that meal prep will be a must. I am going to do a two week menu for the next 2 weeks to prepare me for meal prep again. During the summer months, meals are kind of easy going. When schools starts and football begins, meals become rushed. This is an easy time for us to go get something. No more of that option so I must get on it. I am excited about some of the recipes for these next two weeks. Since it isn't August yet, I am hoping to maybe double a few of them so I can have them in the freezer. It is super easy to do that alot of the time. When you make a meal, double it and then freeze it. Not much planning in that. Enough with the talk, here is the menu:

Turkey burgers with a southwestern quinoa salad
Chicken nuggets with sweet pototoes and apples
Black bean quesadilla with fruit
Asian steak kabobs with rice and lots of veggies
Split pea soup with tuna ciabetta melts
Summer Corn Chowder with crusty bread
Coconut chicken with risotto with mushrooms
Spaghetti  with salad
Sweet potato and black bean burgers with cucumber salad
Chicken and brocolli alfredo

I also have two leftover nights on the menu as well as two nights that we will be at the rodeo so no meals are necessary. The items underlined will be doubled and froze for later use.

I found all of these recipes on either 100 days of real food or once a month mom. It took some time but it was fun to look through all those yummy recipes. It is always nice to expand our family's palette when it comes to food.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment