Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Back to Normal

If the past few days have been my retreat, having only one toddler to chase after, then today I was back to work. Ella came home today. And although she is not to blame, I am wishing I could seperate my two daughters permantly. 
The two were more than happy to run and hug each other at Panera this morning. "Hi Lala" was heard by all enjoying their quiet breakfast this morning. And while mom and I enjoyed our breakfast the two girls were getting to know each other again and playing in the comfy chairs. But that all ended quickly as we walked to the car. I am not quite sure what set Kyndall off, but it was something big in her eyes. And it seemed from that point on life was over for my baby. Her sister was home and crying was her only way to get anyone's attention. Except that didn't work either so maybe screaming would. 
It was a ruthless day of lots of car rides (maybe not the best day to plan a lunch date with daddy) with no time to play at home before nap time. And with daddy working late tonight and football practice my ruthless day dragged on into the night. When daddy did arrive home he was handed two books and two very cranky girls. Who I believe are still awake at this time.
I know in time my girls will be one with each other and will have a grand time playing together but right now, the tension is driving us all a little crazy. I am going to try this next week to do lots of playing with them to model that correct behavior, in pure hopes that it will rub off a little. Just a little will be better than what it is now. 
I did however get cherry preserves made today and some yummy tomato sauce for this winter to throw into chili or spaghetti or lasagna. Add that to my apple butter and previously made peach and blueberry preserves, I am close to being ready for winter. I am making applesauce tomorrow and fully expect my girls to be in the kitchen with me helping me. I even have a plan on how were going to work together. 
I did enjoy thinking of those 3 things this morning of what I love about my kids. I even did it with my hubby. I am thinking I should write those down somewhere. Wouldn't you love it if you found those types of things that your mom or dad said about you? I think they would. Maybe I will do it on their blog. 
It's off to bed I go, mentally preparing for a day of baking and playing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment