Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Gotta love days like today!

What a great day today. Between Starbucks this morning, MOPS following that, Trader Joes first time visit, and home to snuggle with Kyndall: I tell ya' it was a good day. Today at MOPS we had a parent coach talk to us about Love and Logic. Lots of reminders for me and I can't wait to put them to good use here with the kids. Kyndall and I headed on over to Trader Joes where we shopped and bought some goodies for the rest of the fam. The weather here has been simply amazing. Cool weather with the smell of fall and visions of pumpkins everywhere!!

We are picking up Ella tomorrow and I know we all are ready to have her energy back in the house. It has been great fun to have Kyndall alone but it has reminded me that I have very little time left with Ella at home. She will be starting kindergarten in less than a year. I have a few more clothing orders to finish up this week and then it is all about the girls. I am doing lesson planning this weekend and getting myself all sorts of organized. I even got a jump start and organized my pantry, including the snacks. I am super excited about all the ideas I have in my head. I know one thing I will be making this weekend is a puppet theater that you can hang in the doorway. Ugh, I just can't wait!!
One of the tricks that the lovely parenting coach told us to try was to think of 3 things about each of your kids before you even see them in the morning. I am going to try this for a week and see how it goes.

 I had a great time with my kids and my family today/tonight at dinner, sometimes I need reminders that life is peaceful. My time with Kyndall and my MOPS table ladies was fantastic. I believe this is all because my tension is down and I am happy to be where I am right now. I was reminded today that my home is my mission field. I am where I should be surrounded by those that need me as much as I need them. God has put me right here, for this very reason. I am so thankful he has.

No comments:

Post a Comment