Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Juice Detox Day One

Learning that I had arthritis in my knee was a life changing moment for me in lots of ways. This is the first symptom I have had that proves without a shadow of doubt that I am aging. I am slowly getting old just like everyone else on this Earth. This is contrary to my previous belief that I would stay young forever. The diagnoses also confirmed to me that losing weight and becoming a more healthy role model was now a must. My body needs me to get more healthy and in turn so does my family. In order for me to stick around as long as I want to on this beautiful planet, I must start feeding my body exactly what it needs and not so much of what I want. For the next 10 days, I am doing a juice detox with my hubby. Only fruits and veggies all day long. I am kind of excited to see how this all plays out over the next ten days. I am interested to see what day I reach the breaking point and interested to see how well I can feel.  I am interested to see how my body changes and if I lose any weight. I am interested to see how much Ryan changes. 

Today started with a beet and apple juice. It was quite tasty regardless of what it sounds like. I have never had beets, fresh from the ground. They are one beautiful veggie! The red/purple color they hide with that brown skin is just gorgeous. Something that pretty on the inside can only make my insides look even better. Then I went on to a veggie drink of sorts. Rather gross. I am learning which veggies have stronger tastes. Looking forward to  a fruity juice for snack and  another veggie drink (more like a drinkable soup) for dinner tonight. I think I can do this. I have covered all of my "if I need a snack what can I have" basis. Salty snack: edamame. Sweet snack : pulverized frozen bananas with a little bit of nutella or cocoa powder. Don't knock this desert until you try it. The frozen bananas turn into this soft serve like ice cream. It is quite addicting and the kids LOVE it. 

As soon as the 10 days are over we are going to take a look at what we want to do next and how our body feels on this detox. We know we can't continue this and we don't want to just drink our meals all day long. But there are several ideas we have for how we can continue our new lifestyle change. I will be trying to blog here and there about this detox. Wish us luck!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment