Sunday, September 25, 2011

Oh how I hate being sick

Many viruses and bacteria's have made their way through our house over the past two weeks. Just to quickly list them : strep, bronchitis, stomach virus, sinus infection, and pneumonia. It has been crazy around this house. And when my body could no longer clean, sanitize, wash, and keep up with the massive amounts of laundry, it gave in to the sickness as well. And as we all know, when momma's get sick, life still continues. I have a hard time letting go of the control and I have an even harder time asking for help. My lovely husband is slowly figuring this out and learning how to help me without me having to ask. Even though he was staying home because of his sickness, he took care of the kids so I could sleep. And when I mean sleep, I mean all day. I don't know when the last time was that I did that or even wanted to do that. I credit that day of total rest to my 3 day sinus infection instead of 5-6 day one I usually have. It was great.
We are all on the mend, I hope. I am ready to get my house back in order. Laundry being done and the house being clean is no longer a dream, it is my week reality. And with my middle kiddo spending some much needed time with my parents, I know I can get a lot done.

I am really looking forward to spending a week with my youngest, all by herself. Already, she is showing us sides to her that we haven't seen. I love all of my kids and our house just isn't the same with ALL of them here. But I also do cherish those moments that I have with the kids when they are by themselves. These moments are dear to me and I know they are dear to them.

Our plan is to visit the parks, a few new grocery stores that I don't dare visit with both of the girls (hello Trader Joes), and lots of play time outside enjoying the fall weather. We enjoyed the weather today as a family. We went apple picking and man was it just gorgeous. Love this time of year!!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I will be turning those lovely red beauties into apple butter, apple pie filling, and some yummy homemade applesauce. I can't wait. I think I might need to go back next weekend to get more!!

I am hoping to get more crafts done this week and finally finish my Halloween purse, I started it two weeks ago. Happy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment